Former President Donald Trump and independent presidential hopeful Robert F. Kennedy Jr. will participate in live town halls hosted by X and cable news network NewsNation, Axios reports.
The events have yet to be scheduled, nor moderators picked – however, X users will be able to ask questions of the candidates during the events, called "The People's Town Hall," according to the report.
The Biden campaign has declined to participate.
In a Wednesday evening appearance on News Nation, Kennedy confirmed his plans to participate, adding that X owner Elon Musk offered use of his platform.
The moderators, which will likely include at least one NewsNation host, will have final say over the questions asked.
Axios reports that X CEO Linda Yaccarino approached NewsNation parent Nextar with the idea.
NewsNation notably hosted the fourth GOP presidential primary debate last December, which was watched by over 4 million people across NewsNation and sister network CW.
Biden Catches Break(s)
Meanwhile, Biden and Trump have agreed to a June 27 debate hosted by CNN – over which RFK Jr. has filed a FEC complaint over the criteria required to participate.
On Thursday, CNN announced that it plans to run commercials during the event – which has been ad-free for many years under the management of the non-partisan Commission on Presidential Debates, Variety reports.
Last week Trump announced during a rally in the Bronx that one of his conditions for debating will be that they stand up.
"Today they said, 'We’d like to set up tables so you sit down.' I said, 'I don’t want to sit down for a debate. Let's go,'" Trump told the crowd. "So we’re not sitting down. We’re gonna be standing up for the debate."
"If crooked Joe Biden makes it through the debate, which I think he will, [the media are] going to say it was one of the great debate performances in history," Trump added.