“Pelosi SHOULD Take Responsibility!” J6 Capitol Police Chief Says Speaker’s Staff Blocked Additional Security | ZeroHedge

Former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund responded to a viral video of former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) admitting that she was responsible for the lack of preparedness on Jan. 6, 2021.

"Pelosi should take responsibility!" Sund posted on X, adding "She put herself in the security decision process and her Sergeant at Arms denied my requests for support before and during the Jan. 6 chaos. She undermined my law enforcement capabilities."

Sund, who was in charge of the Capitol Police during Jan. 6, then asked "Why did they change the law (2US1970) that tied my hands?"

On Monday, the House Oversight Committee posted footage of Pelosi admitting "I take responsibility" for the lack of security on Jan. 6.

The video shows Pelosi in an exchange with Chief of Staff Terri McCullough on the evacuation. Pelosi states:

In February of last year, Sund told journalist Tucker Carlson that Jan. 6 was a "setup" – noting that Pelosi's staff refused to authorize the deployment of the National Guard at the Capitol despite his pleas, and that federal agencies withheld information and warning signs of potential dangers prior to the riot.

"It doesn’t seem like people really want to get to the bottom of it," said Sund, adding "It really doesn’t. And it just gets worse. It gets worse from there."

"This sounds like a set up to me," Carlson said, adding "I'm sorry, it does."

To which Sund replied:

"It gets better. So I beg and beg and he goes ‘well, I’m gonna walk down the hall and we’ll talk to the Secretary of Defense or whoever he’s gonna talk to. Right then I get a notification, oh, I’m still on the call, we have the shooting of Ashli Babbitt. And I said we have shots firing, I still remember yelling over the phone. We have shots firing on the U.S. Capitol, is that urgent enough for you now?"

According to Sund, the National Guard didn't show up until 6 p.m., hours after the fatal shooting of Babbitt. He also claimed that the Pentagon deployed resources to the homes of generals, but not the Capitol.

Watch:

Leave a Reply